Round up of December’s Pub News
Wednesday 14th December 2016
- The Dog & Gun, Hinckley was re-opened on 29 October by Shane, the new owner and landlord. They have 2 cask ales - Doombar and Wells Bombardier
- At The Wentworth Arms the new landlord took over last week and is still offering the 10% CAMRA discount. He is hoping for some investment in the form of decoration and new lighting.
- The Red Lion, Earl Shilton closed for refurbishment in October. Planning permission for the alterations was granted on 30 November.
- The former NatWest bank in Earl Shilton has opened as a Wine/Cocktail bar called The Bank.
And just outside our area …….
- In November, Tracy and Kevin celebrated five years at the Pig in Muck, Claybrooke Magna. Bar alterations and new handpumps were made in early November.
- In November, Tollgate Brewery opened a new micropub in Ashby-de-la-Zouch called Tap at No 76.
- The Black Horse in Walcote re-opened as a community run pub on Friday 2 December. They had 5 handpumps – 2 Langton Brewery, 2 Dowbridge and Sharp’s Doom Bar. Further details at ACVs.
Many thanks to pubs officer Jackie for the update