Roundup of September’s Pub News
Sunday 11 September 2016
- The Nags Head Stapleton changed hands on 8 August and is now being run by Jason and Emilia.
- The Prince of Wales reopened on 24 August and will be holding an official opening and launch party on 13 September. They now also have a live online ‘Beer Board’ showing which beers are currently on
- In Earl Shilton, The King William closed on 29 August. There are rumours that it is due for demolition for housing or a supermarket.
- The Red Lion, Earl Shilton closes for refurbishment on the 18 September for around one month. Lee will be leaving and there is sign up for a new licensee. The building is said to be in a poor condition and in need of significant investment.
- The Dog & Gun, Earl Shilton. have been working to improve the pub and want to mark their 1st anniversary on 12 October with a small event. They are serving bar food again. The beer garden has been updated, with artificial grass, BBQ area and covered smoking area. The Tap Room bar is having 3 new hand pulls. The tiled floor in the Games Room is being restored, and they hope to complete the work by 12 September.
They should have 2 guests and 4 regular beers, which will probably be Burton Bitter, Pedigree, Old Empire and Ringwood 49er.
- The Stoneycroft Club plan to refurbish the club, and hope to complete this during October.
- In Stoney Stanton, The Bulls Head is having some minor building work to improve the outside seating area.
- Ellen is leaving The White Swan in Stoke Golding on Sunday 11 September, and will be going to the Stag & Pheasant in Hartshill. The pub is scheduled to be closed for 2 weeks, there is no replacement tenant at the moment but it looks like Everards want to keep it open.
- The Belper Arms, Newton Burgoland is currently closed but is expected to re-open around 14 September with new tenants.
- The tenants at the Black Horse Inn, Appleby Magna have given notice to leave by the end of April.
- The Ex-Servicemen’s Club Hinckley is closed and for sale.
- The Elbow Room will be celebrating their 1st year anniversary weekend with music and beer festival during 17th to 20th November.
Thank you to our pubs officer, Jackie for this update